AccessHealth is your medical home, committed to providing comprehensive health care to citizens of southern West Virginia. We provide a wide array of services to ensure the health and well being of your entire family as well as the community at large.
Our staff offers the personal care of a primary physician with the immediate service of an urgent care facility. We offer exceptional service with cutting edge technology to help keep you well. Our mission is to provide patient-centered primary health care and health education through innovative programs dedicated to community engagement, leadership and excellence.
That is why we are proactive in developing efficient and cost-effective healthcare services for the region. AccessHealth continues to grow and currently operates several health centers and pharmacies in convenient locations throughout Southern West Virginia. You can always turn to AccessHealth as Your Medical Home.
Your Medical Home
You are the most important person on the health care team. Patient centered is a way of saying YOU are the focus of your healthcare. AccessHealth is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home.
What is a Patient Centered Medical Home?
It’s not a house, hospital, or other building. It’s your primary care provider – along with a dedicated team of specialized health professionals – working together to meet all your individual health care needs.
- Comprehensive Care – Your team works together to provide you with a wide range of health care services.
- Patient Centered – You will partner and communicate with your healthcare team to achieve optimal health.
- Coordinated Care – Your team at AccessHealth can help you manage all aspects of your healthcare needs from specialty referrals, education, after hours emergencies, to transitioning from hospital to home.
- Accessible Services – Multiple options of communication to your care team; Same day urgent appointments; reminder calls; around the clock access to a member of the care team.
- Quality and Safety – The care team uses evidence-based medicine and current clinical standards of care with a state of the art electronic health record to aid in making informed healthcare decisions with the patient and their family. AccessHealth engages in continuous quality improvement, responds to patient surveys and practices population health management.
Sliding Fee Program
AccessHealth offers a sliding fee scale program for those who are uninsured or under-insured. This fee scale allows you and your family to pay a reduced fee for covered services at AccessHealth. Program eligibility is based on your family size and income.
In order to qualify for our sliding fee scale, you will need to complete a sliding fee application and provide proof of income. Applications can be obtained from clinic reception staff or you can call our patient benefits department at 304-252-8324 x1153.