That is why we are proactive in developing efficient and cost-effective healthcare services for the region. AccessHealth continues to grow and currently operates several health centers and pharmacies in convenient locations throughout Southern West Virginia. You can always turn to AccessHealth as Your Medical Home.
You are the most important person on the health care team. Patient centered is a way of saying YOU are the focus of your healthcare. AccessHealth is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home.
Sliding Fee Program
AccessHealth offers a sliding fee scale program for those who are uninsured or under-insured. This fee scale allows you and your family to pay a reduced fee for covered services at AccessHealth. Program eligibility is based on your family size and income. In order to qualify for our sliding fee scale, you will need to complete a sliding fee application and provide proof of income. Applications can be obtained from clinic reception staff or you can call our patient benefits department at 304-252-8324 ext.1153.
What is a Patient Centered Medical Home?
It’s not a house, hospital, or other building. It’s your primary care provider – along with a dedicated team of specialized health professionals – working together to meet all your individual health care needs.
- Comprehensive Care – Your team works together to provide you with a wide range of health care services.
- Patient Centered – You will partner and communicate with your healthcare team to achieve optimal health.
- Coordinated Care – Your team at AccessHealth can help you manage all aspects of your healthcare needs from specialty referrals, education, after hours emergencies, to transitioning from hospital to home.
- Accessible Services – Multiple options of communication to your care team; Same day urgent appointments; reminder calls; around the clock access to a member of the care team.
- Quality and Safety – The care team uses evidence-based medicine and current clinical standards of care with a state of the art electronic health record to aid in making informed healthcare decisions with the patient and their family. AccessHealth engages in continuous quality improvement, responds to patient surveys and practices population health management.
Federal Tort Caims Act
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), in accordance with the Federally Supported Health Centers Assistance Act (FSHCAA), as amended, sections 224(g)-(n) of the Public Health Service (PHS) Act, 42 U.S.C. §§ 233(g)-(n), deemed Community Health Systems, Inc dba AccessHealth to be an employee of the PHS, for the purposes of section 224, effective 1/1/2024 through 12/31/2024. Section 224(a) of the PHS Act provides liability protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), 28 U.S.C. §§ 1346(b), 2672, or by alternative benefits provided by the United States where the availability of such benefits precludes a remedy under the FTCA, for damage for personal injury, including death, resulting from the performance of medical, surgical, dental, or related functions by PHS employees while acting within the scope of such employment. Medical malpractice coverage is confirmed for both Community Health Systems, Inc. and its covered individuals.
Careers @ AccessHealth
We are excited to have you here as you take the first step towards joining our team. We value your time and effort, and we are committed to ensuring that your application receives the attention it deserves. Thank you for considering us as your potential employer, and we look forward to reviewing your application!